13 December 2011

Willard Suitcases

Freda Bowker's Willard Suitcase

This is one of the more amazing things I've stumbled across lately (via Foxtail + Fern).  What you see here is a collection of suitcases that were discovered in 1995 at The Willard Psychiatric Center.  They had been stored away in the attic of the pathology lab for decades like time capsules for their former owners.  They are now in the hands of the New York State Museum and are being carefully archived and preserved.  Read more here

b

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I've seen some things from a sit on this before. It's so heartbreaking. If I was a better poet I would write about some of these images, but I could never do it justice.

Lisa said...

Fascinating! Thank you so much for this link. I am hooked! I hope he releases a book of these cases. I would love it for my coffee table, wouldn't you?

Unknown said...

These are so special and unique. Everything has so much character. I love things like this.

http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

What exciting treasure!

Anonymous said...

Such intriguing and thought provokin, nostalgic pieces and images! Love it :)

xx
Tracy @ The Wardrobe Wanderer

the wild bunches said...

Wow, that's impressive. Wish I could see more of these.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I like the story behind them. I was looking out for some old medicine packages...couldn't find any ;)

http://ascentofrosewood.blogspot.com/

Caitlin said...

so sweet and interesting. i love being able to have a little peek into their lives. that's why i love estate sales.