13 June 2011

A Beautiful Day

260

- vintage lace camisole
- Madewell chambray skirt
- Palm Springs in Your Step Sandal courtesy of Modcloth
- H&M hat

Today was one of those gorgeous days that you just can't waste by spending it indoors. I spent a bit of time in our own backyard trying to identify the birds that are frequenting our new bird feeder. What Bird is my new best friend! So far we have house sparrows and European starlings. Did you know that European starlings were first brought to North America in the 19th century by overzealous Shakespeare fans who wanted to introduce all of the species that were mentioned in Shakespeare's works? Such are the things you learn on What Bird. I've totally been nerding out on bird facts.

A couple of the wardrobe basics I've been searching for have finally landed in my closet. This chambray skirt is from Madewell and the straw hat was found in the guy's section of H&M. Hopefully it's more Panama Jack than Amos Stoltzfus. I guess asking to not look Amish is a bit much when I'm standing in the middle of an Amish cornfield.

aa

17 comments:

Frannie Pantz said...

I've always been partial to robin birds ;-) I love these photos. They are gorgeous!

Caitlin Rose said...

Nothing wrong with looking Amish.

Just joking, you look lovely and very chic : )

Jo - Lost in the Haze said...

You are certainly making the most of the weather in your gorgeous summery outfit! I love the bustier top!

x
www.lostinthehaze.com

Liz said...

this outfit is perfection.

Joy said...

Wondrous weather and place. I love what you're wearing.

Unknown said...

I love your button-down skirt paired with that pretty top. Adorable hat too!

Anonymous said...

Wow so gorgeous, I love all your lovely lace tops and high waisted skirts!

chantilly said...

this entire scene is beautiful, and the outfit is just perfect!

xo
~chantilly

Christy said...

I have that same skirt (it's one of my new favorites), and I love how simply you've styled it here! And every time you post, I feel a strong urge to drive through Lancaster just to take in the breathtaking scenery!

Honor said...

Your skirt is lovely, perfect for a nice summer's day
xxx

Vanessa, Take only Memories said...

Beautiful! Love the hat!

Chaucee said...

These photos remind me of home : ) I love the outfit you chose to wear with this location! They fit well together.

Cess said...

You look like a real girl from a more simple and pretty time, these pictures are wonderful! Could you check out my blog? http://theflowered.blogspot.com/

Annalise said...

That skirt looks just perfect for hot weather and wandering in the fields. The hat is a winner too.
XOXO

sweet harvest moon said...

Pretty combo,love it!

http://sweetharvestmoon.blogspot.com

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

very wonderful. I'd say more but I don't know what to say. :(

Lauren said...

What a beautiful day! I like your nice breezy outfit! So fitting for a day spent outdoors.

<3 L

http://aspiredlevant.blogspot.com/