08 February 2011

Playing Dress Up

1

Today was a very good day! But first, let me backtrack a little bit. Sunday afternoon was spent dragging bags and bags of spring and summer clothes from their winter hiding place in the attic. I didn't realize quite how much I had accumulated over the winter months. I was pulling things out of bags and thinking, "hmmm... I don't even remember buying this." At one point it looked like a clothing bomb had exploded in our bedroom. There were piles everywhere! By the end of the night I finally had everything organized. I'm so excited to start putting this stuff in the shop.

But first... back to today. With all those spring and summer clothes hanging around, it seemed like the perfect time for a little dress up party. I invited a few gal pals over, put on some music and broke out the mimosas. It was tons of silly fun and we're already trying to figure out when we can do it all again!

Everything you see here (plus lots and lots more) will be hitting the shop over the next few months. I really loved seeing the clothes on real girls rather than just the dress form. It's seriously making me think about switching over for the shop photos.

2

26 comments:

Ms. G said...

so many cute things! :)

Elizabeth Holli said...

Oh my! I am going to NEED that rainbow striped dress! So many other wonderful things, too.

Rosaspina Vintage said...

Wow it looks like you gals had so much fun! Very cute clothes, I look forward to see them in the shop ;)
Ale

BaronessVonVintage said...

so much cuteness!!!!

Jenny said...

So cute. I love dress up parties (and I love all of those dresses!) xoxo

Anonymous said...

I am SOOO excited to see these in the shop!

Jean Caulfield said...

I am seriously in need of a totally sixties dress like that rainbow psychedelic one on that totally cute girl. I'll have to keep my eye out for that one!

Libby said...

So much to look forward to!!

Anja Verdugo said...

Cute cute cute! Looking forward to the summer stuff for sure, I'm still buying sweaters for the shop.. I can't help it, especially if I find a good one! The pink dress with the ruffled collar is my favorite, I think!

Sarah with an "h" said...

Such lovely ladies! And I love the outfits. Too cute!

:o)Sarah
restlessromantic.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

oh my goodness! i will *definitely* be stalking your shop in the coming weeks/months - so many adorable things! not to mention your gal pals seem totally delightful!

Georgia Rose said...

Oh my golly gosh, that denim dress with the red floral embroidery on the pockets has made my heart skip a beat! I pray I get to it before anybody else does, I would hate to miss it!

Shoshana said...

I love the reddish skirt that the girl on the left in the second picture on the second row is wearing. Can't wait to make my first purchase from your store! (depending on the size, of course.) Everything looks so cute!

Melissa said...

everything you posted is a dream. I can't wait!

Also, you really should consider switching for all your photos. this was cute!

Unknown said...

great pics ! love the colours :)
xx from France :)

Megan said...

Wow looks like such a fun day. And the clothes look pretty amazing....

Cat Kuehn Designs said...

Hey! I'm a new blog follower of yours -- LOVE the live-model shots definitely. And I have my eye on that bright candy-stripe dress....

Cat

www.facebook.com/catkuehn

Cel said...

Awesome! I can't wait to see these in your shop!

alexandra grecco said...

ha, so cute ; )

x
Alexandra

www.alexandragrecco.etsy.com

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

I better start saving my money now. Woah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Such cute photos! Sounds like a really fun day. :)

http://thebohemienne.wordpress.com/

Gina said...

I have to have that light blue, pink, and yellow striped dress! When are you listing these on etsy??
Love,love,love!

Anonymous said...

These are so fun! There's a ton of dresses I'd love to own shown here.

Also- I agree I think you should post live-model photos on your shop- it really helps!

Sandy Joe said...

This reminds me of the movie Heathers. Incredible.

tracychambersvintage said...

This is the best photoshoot. The models are fabulous! It is great to the clothes on real people. I can totally imagine myself in so many of these pieces - and yes, the rainbow striped dress is OVA!

allison said...

omg they all look so cute!!! I definitely vote for the clothes to be modeled on real girls in the future. I think it makes it a little easier to picture how nice something would look on!