06 August 2010

Carrie Bilbo

bilbo

The cicadas here are in full swing and every night we are treated to a symphony of chirping from the trees above us. Our backyard is filled with their little brown shell casings; stuck to the tree bark, the fence, the table. I guess I've had them on my mind a bit lately and curiosity led me to do a random search for "cicada" on Etsy. Apparently I'm not the only one with a bit of fascination for the creatures! Long story short, that is how I happened upon the jewelry of Carrie Bilbo.

I'm sure I've said it here before, but I'm not much of a jewelry wearer. I've had the same little hoop earrings in for... ten years now? Every once in a while I'll throw on a simple necklace, but that's about it. But, Carrie's jewelry really struck a chord with me. I love its simplicity and the organic feel of each piece. Mostly I'm in love with that cicada wing necklace!

bilbo 2

4 comments:

Diana said...

These are so gorgeous! I love the natural, organic feel they have.

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

I don't tend to wear much jewellery either, but these are lovely. I miss the sounds of cicadas, here in London we just don't get 'em.

Opal Wells said...

her stuff is really great. thank you for sharing.

www.jenniwells.blogspot.com

Christy said...

The cicadas are out in full force here in Pittsburgh as well. I'm not going to lie; those little buggers freak me out! But that necklace is so delicate and pretty. I wouldn't have guessed it was a cicada wing at first!