16 November 2008

Vintage Finds

Untitled-1

Ninety-nine percent of my recent purchases have been things that I'm putting up for sale in the store. Only a few pieces have snuck (sneaked?) their way into my closet. Among them are this little olive green jacket that I found in the children's section of a thrift store. I've already decorated it with my grandmother's brooch and it's been the perfect cover up for these ever-cooling fall days. I found this early 60's plaid dress in an unexpected place - an antique store. Sometimes the best part of vintage clothes are the funny tags sewn in the collars. This one says "guaranteed to bleed". I'll be sure to keep that in mind. ;) Both pairs of shoes I picked up in Alabama. The ones in the back are Marc Jacobs that I scored for just two bucks! Oh, how I miss those Bama thrift stores. By the way, does anybody spy a kitty tail? The whole photo shoot was being supervised. Last but not least I found this vintage pre-teen (that's what the tag says!) dress at a local vintage shop. It's the prettiest shade of emerald green velvet. The eccentric man that runs the shop warned me that the least bit of liquid that touches the velvet will ruin the nap forever. Yikes! I'll have to check the weather before I put it on.

13 comments:

svenskaussie said...

Ha ha, I love it that your fur child supervised the photo shoot. Looking for the kitty tail felt like playing "Where's Waldo". Brilliant.

Nina said...

looove the jacket. ANd the cat, specially.

x

Anonymous said...

Love the little plaid dress! SO adorable.

Lexie said...

what great finds! especially that last dress! how adorable.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic finds! I love it all!

Rocky looks so gorgeous and cuddly! How wonderful to have so many amazing cats!

Maria@Chicisimo said...

I love the plaid dress, amazing!

Jessica said...

The green velvet dress is such an amazing find! I am in love with velvet dresses this season--they're like magnets when I spot them on the racks!

Anonymous said...

haha, my pets are hams to...always trying to get in the photos.

White Lightning said...

ohhhh that JACKET is like right out of my dreams dude.THOSE POCKETS!

clareassiral said...

love love love the shoe with the bow! i'll be waiting for the day you decide to give it up.

Eyeliah said...

Love the green coat!

Sally Jane Vintage said...

Thanks so much for all of your sweet comments. Rocky is quite a good helper and I don't know how I'd make it through the day without him.

Anonymous said...

lovely dresses!