22 April 2008

Zap & Co.

It was beautiful outside today and my sister and I spent all afternoon walking around town and enjoying the sunshine. We went to Central Market and bought cups of fresh apple cider from an Amish stand and visited the Charles Demuth museum. Afterwards we went in all the vintage shops downtown including one of my favorites, Zap & Co. The back of the store is packed with dresses and shoes from all eras but the best part by far is the art deco collection. There are cases packed with jewerly, hats and bags from the 20's and 30's. Not to mention all the kitschy ashtrays, bar sets and books. Here are a few shots from the store.

11 comments:

AsianCajuns said...

Sounds like a perfect day! I love your photos of Zap & Co.- we need them in Atlanta!

Sharon S said...

What a nice way to spend the day!!

bestie said...

wow, looks like the store's filled with all kinds of treasures! hope you got to buy some awesome stuff.(;

Lily said...

what an amazing shop!
I have just started to read your blog and I love all your vintage finds :)

Anonymous said...

so i close my eyes and wish that i'm there.

Fashion Tidbits said...

did you happen to see any good 20's era finds???

Anonymous said...

i have a lot of dresses from zap's. i love the store, but the owner is a bit creepy.

In Yr Fshn said...

All that lovely jewelry! Pretty. Have fun in NYC!

Alice said...

Like in heaven ;)

Siljesfashion said...

Looks like a great shop! Check out my photos from my favorite vintage shop in Norway which I visited today:-

Unknown said...

An invitation to join 'Zap & Co Fans' page on Facebook.
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=53359748180
Folks are sending well wishes, sharing photos and posting stories for Steve.